Friday, July 20, 2012

What really matters today?

9. Shock.  Horror.  Disbelief. Why?  Why?  Why?  I have known people who were in such emotional pain that they considered taking their own lives.  I've never been there, but I can understand and sympathize.  I confess that I believe I could take a life if the life of one of my children or my husband was in danger.  I don't know if I could live with myself after, but I believe I could do that to protect them, and I understand those who might do likewise. What I cannot understand, fathom, wrap my mind around, is the well planned, intentional taking of innocent lives.  What kind of pain, abuse, disappointments, mental illness leads an individual to plan to massacre complete strangers?  Today, I join with our country, in prayers for recovery for the wounded and for family, friends, and loved to feel the very presence of God as he comforts them.

No comments:

Post a Comment