Saturday, July 14, 2012

Continuing the countdown...

12.  Today I started packing.  We will pack our checked baggage full of our lunch & breakfast food and supplies for the missionaries will be visit.  Were you aware that canned chopped green chilies are not available in Niamey, Niger?  Mark and Parker love Mexican food so we will be taking plenty of green chilies.  There are many food, personal, and mission related items that are necessary to keep their family of four well and happy and keep their work effective.  We load up suitcases with those things.  All of our clothing and personal belongings for the trip go into our carry-on luggage.  My backpack and duffle will contain: 3 long skirts, 5 tshirts, 1 pair capris, 1 pair keen sandals, undergarments, head scarves, medicine, itty bitty containers of shampoo/toothpaste/deoderant/sunscreen, snacks, bible, journal, camera, charger, and ipad. Whoo!
11.  My hip hurts again.  I'm a little nervous about this.  A couple of months ago, my hip hurt so badly that I was convinced I would need a hip replacement.  Yes, I tend to be a little melodramatic.  I was eating ibuprofin and limping.  Surprisingly, it did not hurt when I ran; that helped.  It hurt a lot after sitting.  I mentioned this to my dear Chiropractor and he immediately found the muscle to blame.  It's not in my hip, it's a back-side muscle.  That explains the pain after sitting.  After some loosen-up-the-muscle-but-breathe-deeply-because-it-hurts-so-badly treatment, I bounced out of the office with no pain.  It's back and I have a lot of airplane sitting ahead.  Hope Dr. C can fit me in this week.
10.  This next week is one of the busiest of the year.  I will be busy setting up for and coordinating a 2 day training for 200 teachers, presenting at the conference, attending a 2 day in-depth training to learn how to coach teachers, and have commitments every night, as well.  My prayer is for focus, stamina, and gentleness (in word and deed) to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment