Wednesday, July 4, 2012

A few more pre-travel insights...

18.  Traveling with only carry-on luggage is liberating.  I love it, except for the silly travel sizes of liquids.  Don't get me wrong.  I've got no complaints with TSA and appreciate that they are keeping us safer.  It's just a pain to have to cram several travel sized shampoos, travel sized sunscreen, travel sized moisturizer with 50spf sunscreen, lipgloss, etc... all in one zip top bag.  Ok, now that I've typed that, it seems pretty ridiculous.  I'm FLYING to a place where people don't have enough food and I'm worried about shampoo samples. Duh!!!
17.  One of the gals going on this trip is a darling girl I mentored through high school.  Morgan just amazes me.  She went through some tough stuff in high school.  Her parents divorced and our dear friend and mentor, Lynne, died quite unexpectedly.  Morgan has traveled to Honduras (twice) and China to share the love of Jesus. My Morgan raises her own money for these trips, as a full time college student.  I'm so proud of her!  I'm excited to be able to see her "in action," learn from her, and share this experience with her.
16.  I have two big fears about this trip.  One is that I will forget the C2C story.  I'm scared I will talk about the law and prophets before Noah or totally skip over Satan deceiving Adam and Eve.  Travis assures us that Cephas, our translator, will just fix it for us and laugh at us.  That's reassuring.  My second fear is a little more personal and practical.  Out in the villages we will have to use squatty potties.  My horror at this (I have the smallest bladder in the world, I don't want to fall in, I don't want to tinkle on myself or my clothes, I don't want to be all by myself in there-but I don't want to potty in front of someone else, and Oh No--what about bugs and animals????) has me tempted to limit my fluids so I won't "have to go."  Given that the temperature will be around 100 (or higher) and very dry, this is not a healthy option.  While you're praying for my safety and for the hearts of those to whom we will minister, would you mind a quick little prayer for me to successfully use the squatty potties???

No comments:

Post a Comment